this weekend I tried out a new technique that I found on youtube ages ago. I tried to make a little tutorial for you guys, so you can try it out yourself. I promise that it is great fun to do!!! I created around 30 christmas cards this weekend, because the weather was just like in winter.Here is what you need:
- thicker printing paper or any other thicker paper (180g I think it´s called)
- old newspapers or old paper
- paper napkins with pictures or nice backgrounds
- craft iron and iron board
- cling film
- You have to put newspapers or any paper on your iron board and place the piece of paper you want to do the technique on, on top of it. I found it easier to use an A4 sheet of paper instead of a small card and rather cut it into the size I want later.
- The you place the cling film on top of the paper.
- The next part is chosing your paper napkin. Pull off the top layer and place it onto the cling film.
- Again add old paper or newspapers (sometimes the letters come off to your pictures, so I rather use old paper) and iron it.
- The cling film will melt the paper napkin on the paper and it really makes a nice texture. You can use any napkin you like and it really makes great cards and backgrounds! If there is a corner not really attached to the paper you can correct it by carefully ironing the card.
I hope you will have as much fun as I had creating those cards!!!
Have a nice day,